Today we’re going to do something a little different here on the blog! All of us know what it means to be a Duranie, right? All of us know the varying lengths we’ve gone to at times….so here’s your chance to wave that flag high and proud! This is a bit of a game that used to be played on the message boards, and so why not do it here as well. Here are a few of my examples – comment with a few of your own! Keep in mind that I am poking fun at myself, my friends, and quite honestly people I don’t even know here – the point is that if you can’t laugh at yourself, you’re taking it all way too seriously.
You know you’re a Duranie if/when:
1. You not only wallpapered your wall with them as a kid, you’ve still got those posters hanging everywhere/somewhere from your bedroom walk-in closet (*waves flag proudly*), to your bathroom and maybe even your work cubicle!
2. You sit in your car, stand in a store, etc. just to hear the end to ______(insert a DD song here)____ . It’d be sacrilege to leave!!
3. Not only do you know the band’s birth dates, but you send cards and even get together with friends to celebrate in their absence!
4. You have spent your entire family’s vacation budget for the year in order to go to the UK and see shows that didn’t quite happen the first time, so you plan to go AGAIN. Oh wait….that’s me and MY life!! (if you can’t laugh at yourself….)
5. You will park your computer on Twitter waiting for Simon or John to send out a tweet. In the process though, you’ve met many new DD friends!
6. Whenever you hear a Duran Duran song on the radio, you’re convinced it’s a “sign” of something good about to happen….or that the band really IS stalking you!
7. When you’re standing in the audience for a Duran show, you’re convinced that the band is starting to recognize you. It’s either really cool to you….or you’ve just proven that yes, there really IS a limit as to how many DD shows one should attend in a single tour.
8. Not only do you know where the band stays on tour, but you rush to book a suite at the same hotel, knowing that you might be beating them to the punch for suites!
9. You begin a ridiculously insane project to write a blog each day….oh wait…that’s me again. Never mind.
10. You buy a tour book for a tour where you never attended a single show, just because “it’s historic!” (truth be told – I think I own more tour books for tours I didn’t attend than those for tours I did attend!)
11. You agree to buy concert presale tickets for people you’ve never met in person, but have “spoken” extensively with online.
12. Not only have you collected each and every single for every album they’ve ever done, but you’re well into completing your collection for “international releases” as well! (count this for albums also!)
13. You bought the Red Carpet Massacre Limited Edition Red Vinyl, even though you strongly disliked the album to begin with.
14. Whenever you’re required to come up with a screenname, password, or have a numerical combination for anything, you use the numbers “7”, “7609” and “7803” as often as possible. Hey, at least you (and at least 35,000 other people on the planet!) will remember the code!!
15. When trying to remember numbers that are not the aforementioned “7”, “7609” and/or “7803”, you desperately try to come up with a Duran Duran connection. For example: Say you’re in a hotel and your room number is 725: 7-2=5….as in “the Fab 5”. (yes, we really do this and yes, it does help us remember….You should see what I’ve come up with to remember the license plate number for my car!!)
16. You count how many times John and/or Simon has tweeted or RT’d you on Twitter. For SOME of us, *coughs*…this is extremely easy. For others though, you probably NEED to take a moment to count!
17. You’re buying that new “gold” membership on DDM just because of the Duran Duran fan club card that’s included…and we all know it! 🙂
18. You have more concert pictures of DD than you do pictures of your extended family. (I almost said children here, but then thought twice. My kids might read this blog! Hi kids!!)
19. Your husband/significant other knows what is coming when you call him/her at work and say “Hi dear. Are you having a great day at work?!?”
20. You are shocked when other people sound shocked that you’re about to fly to another continent to see the band play. (Yeah, that’s me again. You mean normal people don’t do that?!? How boring for them!!!)
Time for you all to come up with a few of your own to add!