This week in Duran Duran history should be an interesting one, as far as events go. After all, this week also features Christmas, a major holiday for many. Will we see less important happenings as a result? Let’s take a look.
- Duran Duran played Wembley Arena in London, England in 1983. The band did not play many shows during 1983 except for the few around Christmas.
- All She Wants Is, the single, was released worldwide in 1988.
- On this date in 2005, Duran played at Earl’s Court in London. Anyone attend that show?
- All You Need Is Now video premiered in 2010. I have fond memories of watching this video with Rhonda. I was at my parents and remember chatting with her about it. It was a real highlight during that Christmas season as my cat had just died and my grandma was in hospice.
- Duran perform an unannounced club date as The Krush Brothers in 1988 at the Town and Country Club in London, England. How lucky were the people who went to this!
- From Meditteranea with Love was released on download only in 2010, an EP connected with the All You Need Is Now album. I remember getting a comment here on the blog about how exciting this was!
- John Taylor married his first wife, Amanda de Cadenet, in London in 1991 on Christmas Eve.
- Duran Duran played at Star 94 Concert in Atlanta in 1997.
- As a Christmas gift for Rhonda, Hungry Like the Wolf peaked at number 3 in the US in 1982. I hope that she enjoyed it!
- Sing Blue Silver, the documentary of the band’s tour in North America, premiered in the UK in 1984. I suspect many fans think that this was a gift to all of us!
Overall, it seems like this week is a little lighter on important Duran happenings but that is to be expected. Nonetheless, the week featured quite a few presents for us fans.