This week is starting out with some excitement here at the Daily Duranie! First, today (November 7th) is Rhonda’s birthday! If you have not given her some birthday love, feel free to comment on our social media or send a comment here! She would love it! In my case, I have been busy planning a pretty big event with work that is both exciting and terrifying! I am looking forward to it being done and to having a three day weekend next weekend. So what about Duran Duran? Has this week proven to be equally exciting for them? Let’s take a look.
- The Paula Yates show featuring Simon aired in the UK in 2000.
- Live from London, the live CD and DVD, was released in Europe and Australia in 2005.
- The band played at Gimnasia y Esgrima de Buenos Aires in 2008.
- In 1982, the band played De Montfort Hall in Leicester.
- As part of the reunion tour, Duran played at the Borgata in Atlantic City, New Jersey, in 2003.
- The video for Girl Panic was released in 2011.
- Duran Duran played at Marquee Club in London in 1980.
- Greatest album and video was released worldwide; the CD contains the 7″ singles edits of all the songs in 1998.
- In 2006, the band played at the Pepsi Pavilion at the Bi-Lo Center in Greenville, South Carolina.
- Andy played at the International II in Manchester in 1990.
- John Taylor played at the Juicy Couture Launch Party in New York City in 1999.
- John was interviewed on KROQ and discussed the new Power Station in 1996.
- Nick, Simon and John were interviewed on Madrid radio in 1986.
- Duran Duran played at Manchester International II in Manchester, England. It was a secret club show in 1988.
- In 2010, the band annouced that All You Need Is Now will be a download single on iTunes.
- In 1981, the band received gold and silver records.
- According to DD.com, Arena was released in 1984.
- Tony Thompson, Power Station and Chic drummer, died of kidney cancer in 2003.
- Rio single peaked at number 9 in UK in 1982.
- The Decade Video was released in 1989.
- Red Carpet Massacre was released in the US in 2007.
Have a great week, everyone!