This week marks a holiday for most in the United States with Thanksgiving on Thursday. For many, this means a special dinner with friends and family. It also means a couple of days off of work. I’m looking forward to that as well as spending some time with my parents and my eldest niece. It should be a relaxing time. How about this week in Duran Duran history? Did it include some downtime or was it busy, busy? Let’s take a look.
- Duran Duran opened up for Hazel O’Connor at Sheffield University in Sheffield, England in 1980.
- The band’s third album, Seven and the Ragged Tiger, was released worldwide in 1983.
- In 2007, the band appeared on the Ellen DeGeneres Show. A clip of the Falling Down video was shown, Simon was interviewed and the band performed.
- Duran Duran played at the Melbourne Sports and Entertainment Center in 1983.
- In 1993, the band played Von Baun Civer Center in Huntsville, Alabama.
- Duranduran.com announced that Nick Egan will be making the music video for the “All You Need Is Now” single on this date in 2010.
- John Taylor’s Japan album was released in 1999.
- Duran Duran played at Cullen Auditorium in Houston in 2003 as part of the reunion tour.
- In 2008, the band played Vivo Rio in Rio de Janeiro.
- Duran Duran played at Leisure Centre in Gloucester in 1982.
- The album, Arena, peaked at number 6 in the US in 1984. (I got it that year for Christmas!)
- In 1997, the band played at the State Theatre in Detroit.
- Duran Duran participated in the the recording of Band-Aid’s Do They Know It’s Christmas in London in 1984.
- Duran Duran was featured on A&E’s Breakfast with the Arts in 2007.
- Nick Rhodes and Simon Le Bon performed the song “Record Collection” with Mark Ronson at American Express event at London’s Abbey Road Studios in 2010.
- Duran Duran played at the Odeon in Birmingham in 1982.
- In 1988, the band played Rockefeller in Oslo, Norway.
- Duran Duran played at Kiva Auditorium in Albuquerque in 2003.
- Duran Duran participated in a record signing at the HMV on New Street in Birmingham in 1982.
- Duran Duran played at Entertainment Centre in Perth, Australia in 1983.
- In 2015, the band played Manchester Arena.
Have a nice week! For those of you who celebrate Thanksgiving, I hope it is a great one!