I’m sorry that this post is pretty late today. I’m attempting to adjust back into my usual weekend schedule while catching up on much, much, much needed sleep. On that note, what has happened in Duran history during the time frame of November 8th to the 14th; let’s find out!
- Duran Duran played at the Borgata in Atlantic City, New Jersey, in 2003, as part of reunion shows. Anyone attend this one?
- The video for Girl Panic was released in 2011. I have fond memories of this day as Rhonda and I discussed it over my lunch at work. As you can imagine, we had a lot to say!
- Duran Duran appeared on Swedish TV in Mandagsborsen, Stockholm in 1981.
- Greatest album and DVD was released in 1998. I both love and hate this one. The gallery was a neat idea on the DVD but so hard to find all of the amazing Easter Eggs and extras. I, for one, would love to see a new one released with the videos from the reunion on.
- Duran Duran played at the Empire Theatre in Liverpool, England, in 1982.
- John Taylor played at the Juicy Couture Launch Party in New York City in 1999.
- Duran Duran headlined the BANG Music Festival in Miami in 2006. Did anyone attend this? Was it similar or different than the Voodoo Music Festival that we have so often talked about?
- Duran Duran announced that the song, All You Need Is Now, would be a download single on iTunes in 2010.
- Duran Duran received gold and silver records in 1981 for their debut album.
- Arena, the live album, was released in 1984, according to the band’s official website. I, personally, remember getting the record for Christmas that year and I loved, loved, loved it.
- Tony Thompson, drummer of the band, Chic, and of Duran side project, Power Station, dies of kidney cancer on this date in 2003.
- Rio, the single, peaked at number 9 in the UK Charts on this date in 1982.
- The video album, Decade, was released in 1989.
- The album, Red Carpet Massacre, was released in 2007. It is hard to believe that it was 13 years ago!!!
- Duran Duran opened up for Hazel O’Connor in Belfast in 1980. 40 years ago!
- Duran Duran played 8 Rocks Gala Dinner, Battersea Evolution, Battersea Park, London, UK. It was a charity event for the Teenage Cancer Trust in 2014.
Clearly, there is a lot to celebrate as far as Duran’s history goes during this week, including the release of some albums and DVD. What’s your favorite?