Wow. I was not sure that I would type those words ever again but, yes, Duran is coming to the States and rumor has it that I have tickets to a couple of shows. This tour will be different than the previous ones for a variety of reasons and I am looking forward to it. That said, I have lots of thoughts about the tour that I figured I would share here.
- I’m so thankful to my friend, Nat, that I lack adequate words to really explain it. We met years ago through this always fascinating fandom and went to shows together in 2016/2017 when the band played in DC over New Year’s. I truly enjoyed those shows and getting to know her better. In many ways being around her feels like a return home to me as she lives around where I grew up. It feels like we have a shared understanding that does not need any articulation. Anyway, during this year, even before these shows came up, I reached out to her as I respected her viewpoint and her overall positive outlook on life. She was always so supportive of me and always remained positive towards others. That generosity of spirit was beyond appreciated. I’m so glad to be going to these shows with her as I look forward to being around her and her beautiful attitude.
- In addition to Nat being a beautiful spirit, she has been nothing but understanding of me and of my situation, regarding my health and my need to be “covid conscious”. When I explain to her that my health has not been great, especially in the last few months, I didn’t get criticism or questioning. I got understanding and support. As I explained to her that I have to be cautious and overly careful, she understood. She didn’t diminish me or tell me that I was being ridiculous. I cannot tell you how much that meant to me. There will be no judgement if I need to take a break, take a nap, take medication. I will go into this little mini-tour feeling both safe, physically and emotionally.
- Of course, I am hoping to see some great shows! It has been a really long time (or so it feels like it). So much has changed and, yet, I look forward to seeing my favorite band do what they do best, which is play live. I’m also hoping to see other people whom I have not seen for a long time and maybe meet others whom I haven’t met yet.
- This will be a fast little tour as we will drive to Minnesota, see the show, drive to Chicago, see the show and drive back. There will be a lot of time in the car through the heart of road construction and “people heading north” for the weekend season in the Midwest. I think it will be worth it. We will have some time in both locations but travel times as well as my health make creating firm commitments tough. That said, if we have time and find good places, we would love to see people. Speaking of good places, if you have suggestions for restaurants and bars with outdoor seating in both locations, let me know. (Covid careful to me means eating outdoors and wearing a mask indoors. No, I don’t need a lecture on what the CDC says or anyone else for that matter. I know that *I* personally need to be very careful and getting covid, for me, would be very serious. I appreciate everyone’s understanding, in advance.)
- If you are going to either or both of those shows and want to try to find me, go ahead and send me your contact info and your plans. I am sure that I would love to see you!❤️
On that note, I think it is time for the countdown to begin!