It’s another fun-filled week in Duranie isolation during the times of Covid-19! I see many friends with children headed back to school, or to their computers, for the first week of distance learning. So, in order to break the monotony and take your minds off of your next Zoom call or Google Classroom meeting, here is a collection of important dates to mark the week in DD History!
- Duran Duran earned their Hollywood Star in 1993 (August 23).
- The song, “Too Much Information”, was released in 1993 (August 23).
- This is the week for DD babies, as you’ll read below – Tatjana Lee Orchid Rhodes was born in 1986. (August 23)
- On August 24, we can delight in the fond memories of the show played at the MGM Grand Theatre at Foxwoods in Mashantucket, CT (2012). That date was the final gig played during the All You Need is Now US tour that summer, because Nick became ill and unable to finish the final tour dates.
- August 25 marks a special date for the Le Bon family as they celebrate the birthday of their oldest and the first DD baby – Amber, born in 1989. That’s right, she’ll be 31 this year. I’ll just say what many of us are thinking, “Damn I’m old!!!”
- The band signed a deal with Hollywood Records in 1999 (August 25). Not sure if they even *want* to remember this date…
- Storytellers aired in the UK in 2000. (August 25)
- The Power Station album, Living in Fear, was released this week in 1997. (26th)
Have a great week!