This week marks the end of my school year and what feels like the beginning of summer, especially since it is hot outside with no end of the heat in sight. It almost feels more like July than early June. Will Duran Duran’s history during the week of June 6th to the 12th be equally as hot? Let’s take a look.
- Pop Trash, the album, was released in France in 2000.
- Duran Duran filmed the video for Girl Panic in 2011 at London’s Savoy hotel.
- Simon Le Bon became a “glamfather” (his word) to a grandson in 2018.
- Duran Duran played at Stadio Comunale in Florence in 1987 as part of the Strange Behavior Tour.
- In 2005 as part of the Astronaut Tour, the band played at Stadthalle in Vienna, Austria.
- John Taylor spoke at the Brilliant Minds symposium in Stockholm in 2018.
- Nick Rhodes, our favorite alien and controller, was born in 1962. Happy Birthday, Nick!
- Duran Duran played at Arena di Verona in Verona, Italy in 2016 as part of the Paper Gods Tour.
- Duran Duran and others played Live 105’s BFD II festival at Shoreline Amphitheatre in Mountain View, CA, in 1995.
- John Taylor attended the MTV Movie Awards in 1997.
- The movie, 4 Dogs Playing Poker, featuring John Taylor, premiered at the Seattle International Film Festival in 2000.
- Duran Duran played at the Louvre Museum in Paris in 2008.
- Sound of Thunder by Beliefs (off of the Making Patterns Rhyme tribute album), was released in 2014.
- Capitol Records / EMI released a remastered version of the Rio album in the UK, using the original UK masters (not the US Kershenbaum remixes, as some people expected). The CD includes videos (with pop-up written commentary by Nick and Simon) and an alternative painting by Patrick Nagel that wasn’t used for the original cover in 2001.
- Duran Duran’s version of Instant Karma was released on Amnesty International’s Campaign to Save Dafur’s album, Make Some Noise, in 2007.
- Careless Memories of Strange Behavior: My Notorious Life as a Duran Duran Fan e-book by Lyndsey Parker was published as a download in 2012.
Have a good week, everyone!