It is Rhonda, back again with you for another fun filled post of historic moments in Duran Duran history! I can’t believe it is already September….and then again, I can’t believe it is still 2020. This year feels like it’s been 45 months long already. Let’s get on with it, shall we?
- Do you have the book, Oldman’s Brave New World of Wine? It was published in 2010, and has a contribution in it from none other than Nick Rhodes. (I have the book. If you’re into wine, it is a fantastic way to find new varietals to try!) (Sept 6)
- Sugartown began filming in 1998 (Sept 6)
- A show of hands please, who owns a copy of “Boys Keep Swinging”? It was released as a download back in 2010. (Sept 6)
- Am I the only person old enough to remember Rick Dees? The band appeared on his radio show back in 1990. (Sept 7)
- Let’s remember fondly of the times when we used to get together for group therapy we called “concerts”. They played at the Chelsea in Las Vegas for two dates just last year. (Sept 7 & 8)
- On September 9, They performed at Fashion Rocks twice. Once in 2005, and in 2014.
- Do you own Andy’s book, Wild Boy: My Life in Duran Duran? It was published in 2008. (Sept 9)
- Back in 1997, Duran Duran made history by offering one of the first songs to be legally purchased and downloaded – “Electric Barbarella”. (Sept 9)
- I’m always worried I’m going to miss a birthday and offend someone. This week marks Miss Tallulah Pine Le Bon’s birthday. I love her beautiful name. She is 26. Happy birthday! (Sept 10)
- Do you remember Unstaged? It was shown in movie theaters this week in 2014. (Sept. 10)
- September 11 marks the release date for none other than Paper Gods. (2015..where does the time go?)
- More shows: they performed at Mountain Winery in Saratoga, CA in 2019. (Sept 10 & 11)
Have a great week!
I do have a copy of Andy’s book. I found it a bit…lackluster.
Well, I don’t drink wine. But I’d love to read Nick’s contribution to that book.. I do have Andy’s book and I loved it. I found him a natural storyteller, and frequently hilarious.