September is settling in and the real, official end of summer is coming. This week will be a good one in that Duran is playing a few shows in the UK, including a couple of shows in Birmingham. I’m super excited for everyone who is going and I hope that everyone has an amazing and safe time. Looking back in the band’s history, was this week as exciting? Let’s take a look.
- Simon performed for the Children of Bosnia event in Modena, Italy with Pavarotti in 1995.
- John filmed his appearance for the VH1 TV Show called, The List, in 1999. John and the other guests had to pick out the top musical artists of the 1970s, if memory serves me correctly.
- In 2018, John and Roger were nominated for Brummies Who Inspire as part of Birmingham’s 175 year celebration. I wonder why Nick was not included.
- A little blog that we like to call the Daily Duranie was born on this date in 2010. We are getting old!
- In 2011, All You Need Is Now was released on vinyl in the US and UK. How many people own a copy?
- The band was featured on the TV show, CBS Sunday Morning, in 2015 as part of the promotion of their album, Paper Gods.
- Simon LeBon and Nick Rhodes presented an award at the MTV Video Music Awards in 1984.
- John Taylor appeared on the TV Show, Politically Incorrect, in 1999. He apparently was making the rounds then.
- Duran Duran played at Terminal 5 in New York City in 2015.
- Power Station played at 4th and B in San Diego in 1997.
- Duran Duran performed Pressure Off on Tonight Show in 2015 to celebrate the release of Paper Gods.
- In 2019, Duran played at the Kaaboo Festival in San Diego, California.
- John Taylor held a press conference and listening party for his first solo album, Feelings Are Good, in 1995.
- Electric Barbarella, the single, was released in 1997.
- Duran Duran played at the Village Stage in Marina Bay in Singapore in 2017.
- Duran Duran played at the Channel in Boston, Massachusetts in 1981.
- Arcadia began filming the video for the song, Election Day, in 1985.
- In 2015, the band performed on Today Show.
- Duran Duran played at the Peppermint Lounge in New York in 1981.
- MTV aired a special about the movie Playing For Keeps, including the premiere of Arcadia’s “Say The Word” video in 1986.
- Neurotic Outsiders had a cd signing at Tower Records in Hollywood in 1996.
What was your favorite event? What events did I miss?
Have a good week, everyone!